Memleket
Neresi?
Meslek
IzdırapÇI
Cinsiyet
vtEvVy
Medeni Hal
Diana’s Language Confusion

Diana is at the airport. She waits for her flight. Her flight is to Amsterdam, and it is 4 hours away. Diana walks around the airport and looks at the shops. She has a nice time.

After an hour she wants to visit the bathroom. She searches for it, but she doesn’t find it.

“Where is the bathroom?” she asks herself.

She looks and looks but can’t find it, then she starts asking people where it is and asks, “Sir, sorry buy do you know the directions for the lady’s bathroom?”

Man: “You mean the restroom, right?”

Diana: “No, I mean the bathroom.”

Man: “Well, the restroom is over there.” He says and walks away.

Diana doesn’t understand. She asks a lady: “Excuse me madam, could you please tell me where is the bathroom?”

“The restroom is over there,” the lady answers and walks away.

Diana is confused. “What’s their problem? I need to use the bathroom and they send me to rest?! I don’t need a restroom, I need the bathroom!”

After a while Diana gives up. She feels tired after all these walking and asking, decides that the man and the woman might be right and that she needs to rest.

She walks to the restroom. Now she is surprised. She realizes the restroom is actually the name for a public bathroom!

Diana’nın Dil Karışıklığı
Diana havalimanındadır. Uçağını bekler. Uçağı Amserdam’adır ve 4 saat sonradır. Diana havalimanı etrafında dolaşır ve alışveriş mağazalarına bakar. Güzel zaman geçirir.

Bir saat sonra tuvaleti ziyaret etmek ister. Onu arar fakat bulamaz.

“Tuvalet nerede?” diye kendi kendine sorar.

Bakar ve bakar fakat bulamaz. Nerede olduğunu insanlara sormaya başlar.

Diana: “Affedersiniz beyefendi, bana tuvaletin nerede olduğunu söyleyebilir misiniz lütfen?”

Adam: “Dinlenme odası mı demek istiyorsunuz?”

Diana: “Hayır, tuvalet demek istiyorum.”

Adam: “Hım, dinlenme odası orada,” der ve uzaklaşır.

Diana anlamaz. Bir kadına sorar: “Özür dilerim hanımefendi, tuvaletin nerede olduğunu söyleyebilir misiniz?”

“Dinlenme odası orada,” diye cevap verir kadın ve uzaklaşır.

Diana’nın kafası karışır. “Onların sorunu ne? Tuvaleti kullanmaya ihtiyacım var ve onlar beni dinlenmeye gönderiyorlar?! Dinlenme odasına ihtiyacım yok, tuvalete ihtiyacım var!”

Bir süre sonra Diana vazgeçer. Tüm bu yürüyüşten ve sorgudan dolayı yorgun hisseder. Belki de onlar haklıdır ve dinlenmeye ihtiyacı vardır.

Dinlenme odasına girer. Şimdi şaşkındır. Dinlenme odasının aslında umumi tuvalet olduğunu fark eder!

* İngilizcedeki “bathroom” ve “restroom” karışıklığının benzerini Türkçedeki “tuvalet” ve “lavabo” için düşünebilirsiniz.

Geri
Üst Alt